We are proud to offer treatment for the TMJ in Tyler, Texas, to give you the proper care you need and eliminate any unnecessary pain and discomfort.
TMJ stands for temporomandibular joint, which is a hinge that connects your jaw to the bones of your skull. Many people have TMJ disorders, also known as TMD, that can be caused by grinding and clenching their teeth, having arthritis in the joint, and being extremely stressed. This can also happen when the disc between the ball and socket of the joint moves out of place. The symptoms of TMD include:
- Experiencing pain in the face, jaw, neck, shoulders, and ear
- Suffering with problems widely opening the mouth
- Having stuck or locked jaw
- Witnessing a clicking or popping feeling in the jaw while the jaw moves
- Having a tired feeling in your face
- Having trouble chewing or biting
- Suffering from swelling on the side of your face
We offer treatments at East Texas Dental Group to help with TMJ and TMD, including bite appliances, adjusting the bite, replacing missing teeth, and filling the gaps between your teeth. If you are interested in taking care of your jaw joint pain and TMD symptoms, call our office today at (903) 509-0505.